Friday, February 17, 2012

St. Valentine's Day - Moonlight Dinner

Hey there! How are you? Sorry for not updating my blog for months as I was too busy with my teaching, studies, Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year. Even though I was busy, but I really do enjoy it. The sad thing was not much pictures were taken during these occasions...

Anyway, let's talk about what the title says. 


Few days back, after night class at 8pm, I told Raymond that I was not hungry, and was thinking that maybe we should just get a drink in a cafe instead of celebrating Valentine's Day. He told me that he wanted to have a drink by the sea. Thinking that maybe he already had in mind of going there to celebrate, but I had just told him that I was not hungry, I told him that it was okay by me and I would accompany him.

When we arrived the beach, I noticed that he stopped by the quiet beach where there's lots of young couples having romantic walks by the seaside, but not a cafe or even a Malay hawker stall was seen. Feeling curious, I asked him why were we there and how could we have a drink without a stall. Then with a surprise, he showed me a Valentine's Cake and told me that he actually planned everything for Valentine's Day!

Surprise Valentine's Cake

Surprisingly, never had I expected that he would prepare a day like this as he was not a very romantic person and doesn't know how to surprise me!

After passing me the cake, he told me he had something else... And guess what?

Surprise Valentine's Wine

Wine! But wait!!!

How do we eat the cake?
He took out 2 paper plates, 2 forks and a knife for cutting the cake.

And how do we drink the wine? Do we need to use Styrofoam or paper cups?
He smiled and took a small bag out. In the bag, there were 2 wine glass!

Surprise Valentine's Wine Glass

After cutting the cake, he told me that he actually thought of buying some other food for our moonlight dinner, just like what we did 5 years ago, but cancelled it after he saw my message telling him that I was not hungry. I felt guilty about it and apologized. I told him that I really didn't know about it and felt so sorry. But he said that it was okay and he felt more guilty for not making it so special on our 6th anniversary, which was around 2 weeks ago, and he continued saying that he's happy to see me feel surprise and happy about it as he didn't really surprise me before. What he said really made me felt so touched.

Under the moonlight (although it's not a full moon), in the car, that's how we enjoyed our Valentine's Day with our cake and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...